Here’s a look at Santa Clara County’s real estate market.
• There were 2,045 active residential listings for the month of July, which is an increase of 8% from the year earlier. Active listings have decreased 13% from June; however, there are still more homes to shop today than a year ago!
• July’s median listing price was $1.18M, which is slightly lower than a year ago, but a tad higher than June’s median listing price of $1.16M.
• Homes were listed on the market for an average of 28 days in July, which is an increase from the 19 days seen just a year ago. This signals a slowdown in the local turnover rate.
• In July, the median sales price was $1.17M, which is slightly less than the $1.2M seen in June 2019 and July 2018.
• The number of units sold decreased 4% year over year. Fewer sales can indicate an opportunity for buyers to negotiate better terms.
If you’d like data on your particular area, give me a call at (408) 459-8881. I’d love to help you understand your local real estate market better so you can make the best decision for you and your family.